Its been a long road through the Pandemic to get here but next weekend Livewires is back working alongside Cedarwood for their Home, online festival. Livewires will be presenting 2 half hour sessions of children’s work as part of the larger program. Looking at our great big creator God in the amazing woodland setting for the live stream, we will be on stage at 13.30 and 17.00pm. The event is free and details can be found here:
It would be great if you could join us.
- Another month comes and goes and Livewires continues to get more opportunities to Resource, train and grow our community of Children’s workers across the country. Last week I had a great meeting with a local Church in Chester le Street (North East England) about what it would take to set-up and run a kids club provision in one of the communities that they are invested in. I’m really excited about the possibilities and have spent the last couple of weeks building a program and working on the logistics of delivering it with a new volunteer team in an unknown space. Its such a challenge and yet such an adventure to embrace and explore all that god keeps putting in front of us to do and as we plan and rest over Christmas we can dream of what this might look like and achieve as we aim to role it out in the first half term back in January.
- We started November by spending a day working with the Diocese of Coventry, providing children’s work for their Diocese wide training event. It was a great time with the children’s exploring the theme of “People of Peace’ and the concepts of our broken world, forgiveness and reconciliation and what it looks like to practically live out lives that mirror God’s forgiveness and compassion towards us. We hope to be working with the Diocese again soon having started a discussion about training and development possibilities moving forwards.
- We have started talking with a church in Manchester about children’s work provision for their church weekend early next year and a new festival start up called “The Cedarwood Festival’ which is based in the North East of England regarding infants and juniors work at their event next summer. Lots of opportunities to resource and serve children in different settings in 2019.
- Ali, Scarlett and Pete have just got back from spending half term working with the children and families of AIM Madagascar at their Mantasoa Retreat in the highlands of Madagascar. Spending the week with 18 children and young people exploring the theme of Serving Together in Outreach it was a real privilege to spend time and explore faith alongside these brilliant missionaries. Livewires ran a full program titled ‘Directions’ which looked at How as christians we don’t look forwards to know where we are going but Upwards instead as it is God that guides us. Looking Inwards allows us to understand that we are each uniquely made by God with purpose. Backwards is about where we have come from and knowing the story of God in our lives…Often we do not see God at work in a situation until we are able to look back at it. Withwards was about journeying together for the way of Jesus is not meant to be walked alone. We then explored Outwards, with the idea that it is what God has put in us that is then possible to come out of us and effect the world around us. Lastly Forwards knowing that we are on a journey of faith together to see Gods Kingdom brought to Earth in the here and now. See Scarlett’s Event report here:
- With Summer out the way its time for Livewires to turn our attention to the new academic year. Theres a God Lab resources to develop and test for schools and churches, Team stash and POS to design and order and 2 new bookings to plan for in the coming months. In October we’ll be taking a small team out to work with the children at Africa Inland Missions, Madagascar retreat, working alongside the children and their families for a week and in November we will be serving the Diocese of Coventry providing children’s work for their Diocese Training Day looking at being ‘People of Peace’. Exciting few months coming up.
- Fusion was a fantastic time with God for the Kids and team that were at the event. Utterly exhausting but such a privilege to work alongside and connect with such excellent people to create a space where both the infants and Juniors could have such an amazing experience of God. Highlights of the weekend (other than the team) included Children hearing from God and sharing with their peers, The Junior academies – particularly the Symphony performance put together by the Movement Academy and the response to the gospel teaching on the Sunday morning where almost every child responded in their own way to the message and what God was doing.
It was an absolute joy to serve with you all. As exhausting as it was,
both myself and the kids have come back full of worship!
Liz – Children’s Worker
- We now have 2 schools and a number of different churches using the Journey of a Lifetime album for worship and activities. We’re currently working on the actions videos for this and we’ll let you know as soon as they are available but in the mean time the supporting Lyrics videos are available alongside the album itself and music book. Just drop us a line at email@example.com if you need access to them for your school, church or children’s group.
- Ali and Pete are preparing for the Fusion 2018 event at the end of the month where a team of 25 Livewires volunteers will be supporting the onsite infants and juniors work provision on the Norfolk Showground. We are expecting 200+ children to be at the 3 day event and have a packed schedule of teaching and activities planned.
- April saw Tom & Kathy and their boys running the children’s work for a church weekend away at Sneaton Castle in Northumberland, they are our first team members to run an event for Livewires independently of the core team and they did a fantastic job. A great 2 days input and adventure exploring ‘God’s Big Story’ and using the Livewires God Lab materials to explore faith with the children at the event.
- Ali, Claire and Pete have just finished working with Voyagers, the 8’s-11’s at the first ever Spring Harvest in Harrogate. A great week with 70 children from across Scotland and the North of England, looking at being Everyday Brave to do the things that God has for us to do. We worked with some wonderfully skilled team members and hope to connect further with them as we begin to grow a network of children’s workers across the country.
“Leah loved coming to the sessions every day and has really moved on in her faith. It is great that she has come home ‘on fire for Jesus’. She still prays for the leaders and the friends she made there. She is looking forward to going again next year and is trying to get some of her friends to join us.” – Parent of Spring Harvest Voyagers Child.
- We’ve been busy building the website this month and programming sessions for both Spring Harvest and the Fusion event that we are working at the end of May 2018. Fusion is the weekend event for Regions Beyond UK held on the Norfolk Showground. We have a team of 25 from Livewires and the church going to work with others from the sphere in delivering the Infant and Junior programmes. Our theme is going to be “Shine like stars in the Heavens” and we can’t want to see what God is going to do at the event.
- Pete and Ali spent a weekend with St John’s Church Neville’s Cross at Minsteracres in Northumberland, facilitating the children’s work for their church weekend away. It was a great time looking at God’s Big Story and the life that God has called all of His people to.
- “I have come to give you life and life in all its fullness” – John 10 v 10
“Many thanks for the weekend, I believe it was a really great weekend and I have had some really good feedback from people. I know the children and their parents really appreciated it, the children loved what you did with them.” – Abby, Children’s Worker
- We have agreed to take on a junior work core team role at the new Spring Harvest event in Harrogate, supporting the brilliant Gemma Stoddart and her team for the week after Easter 2018. Three of us from Livewires will be heading down to be part of her team and run the evening sessions for the 8-11s. It’s going to be a great week exploring the Spring Harvest theme of “Only the Brave” through the book of James.
- Livewires is already beginning to fill up our diary of events with enquiries from Liverpool, Northampton, Durham, Northumberland, Madagascar, Kenya and the new Spring Harvest event at Harrogate coming in the first few weeks. Amazing to see the opportunities that exist for working with children in so many settings across the world.